Safer Procedure, Better Results
Thanks to the development of the IntraLase femtosecond laser, there now exists a 100% blade-free method of LASIK - resulting in more accuracy, better results, and greater patient comfort.
The IntraLase laser is the most current advancement in blade-free technology, bringing even greater accuracy and precision to this phase of the procedure. Operating at speeds of one quadrillionth of a second, the laser creates microscopic bubbles at a predetermined depth of your cornea, saving the structural integrity of your corneal tissue. The bubbles then join together to create a smooth and seamless flap, which is easily folded back to allow for treatment.
Advantages of IntraLase
1. Increased Safety
Because there is no blade variability with the IntraLase procedure, there is little or no risk of flap complications. The all-laser approach allows Dr. Boozalis to design the flap specifically to your eyes and visual needs.
2. Increased Precision
IntraLase offers the ability to create a flap of uniform thickness at a pre-programmed depth. Variations in flap thickness may result in a variation of your visual outcome. With IntraLase we know with greater precision what depth the flap will be, and we are able to preserve the most corneal tissue following the procedure, leaving each patient with a stronger, more stable eye.
3. Better Results
In FDA studies, patients treated with the blade-free IntraLase method had higher instances of 20/20 or better vision after their procedure.
Allegretto Technology - The Fastest Excimer Laser Of Its Kind
Excimer lasers have come a long way since their inception, and many of the most recent versions can provide patients with amazing visual results. However, until the introduction of the Allegretto Wave Excimer Laser, there was never a high-speed correction option. Faster treatment times equal more accurate results, and the newest generation of Allegretto technology, the Eye-Q, is the newest and fastest laser available in the U.S. for LASIK treatment.
Benefits of Allegretto Wave Eye-Q Technology
- It’s the fastest laser available for treatment, which means more accuracy and increased patient comfort.
- The technology can treat a wider range of visual error, which means that many people who were told they weren’t candidates in the past, may now benefit from LASIK with the Eye-Q technology.
- The Perfect Pulse technology ensures the most accurate application of treatment, tracking movements of the eye at a staggering 400 times per second.
- Clinical studies have shown the Eye-Q technology as the only excimer laser to actually reduce preexisting glares and halos, and improve a person’s vision at night compared to glasses and contacts.
- Better results, meaning higher instances of better than 20/20 vision compared to other excimer laser systems.
The Allegretto Wave Eye-Q customizes every treatment to the patient’s individual prescription and cornea, while aiming to improve what nature originally designed. The Wavefront Optimized™ treatment considers the unique curvature and biomechanics of the eye, preserving quality of vision and addressing the spherical distortions that can induce glare and may affect night vision.
The goal of every patient treated with the Allegretto Wave Eye-Q is vision beyond 20/20, something inconceivable prior to the development of this technology.
Interested in finding out if you’re a candidate for LASIK? Pick a convenient time to stop by and we’ll tell you!