- Are your eyes constantly tearing up?
- Do you have sensitivity to light?
- Do your eyes feel gritty?
- Are your eyes tired and red?
- Are your eyes sensitive to air conditioning and wind?
If you’re one of the 10 million Americans with dry eye symptoms, you’ll be glad to know there are new treatments to relieve your discomfort. Left untreated, dry eyes can damage the delicate tissues of the eye’s surface and disrupt the cornea, leading to impaired vision.
What is dry eye?
Many factors cause the inflammation of the eye and the tear-producing glands. Inflammation can decrease the eye’s ability to produce normal tears that protect the surface of the eye and keep it moist and lubricated causing blurry vision and excess watering. You may benefit from our OCuSOFT products.
Common causes include:
- Hormonal changes
- Autoimmune disease such as arthritis and Lupus
- Environmental factors, such as smoke, dust, air conditioning, contacts, prolonged computer use
If you are suffering from dry eye, contact us today to schedule a Vision Consultation.