9 Tricks to Keep Your Glasses from Fogging Up this Winter
Here are 9 tricks to keep your glasses from fogging up this winter. (We advise checking with your optometrist before using any of these tricks on your prescription glasses.) Not every tip will work for every person; you may need to experiment with different options to find the one that works for you.
- Use anti-fog wipes
- Clean your glasses with a small dab of shaving foam
- Rub a small amount of pure white bar soap on your lenses, then buff off
- Apply anti-fog paste or spray
- Use rain repellent on glasses
- Clean them with your saliva
- Choose glasses that sit away from your face to circulate air
- Wear contact lenses instead of glasses
- Get LASIK vision correction in Victoria
When you wear prescription glasses, moving from warm to cold environments (and vice versa) can be quite annoying. Not only will you have to continually wipe off the fog each time you remove your glasses, your vision will be impacted.
At Victoria Eye Center, we feel the 9th trick gives nearsighted, farsighted and astigmatic patients in Victoria the best chance for foggy-lens reduction. We say “reduction” because even if you have a successful LASIK procedure and achieve 20/20 or better vision, you still need to wear protective sunglasses all year. Yes, you may still experience the fogging problem, but you have more opportunity to try out different types of sunglasses and goggles to reduce the annoyance.
So whether you reside in a cold climate or just enjoy winter trips to the mountains, reduce the fog from your life. Schedule a free LASIK Consultation at Victoria Eye Center today by calling 800-833-0234 or victoriaeyecenter.com.