COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Patient safety – and the safety of our team members – is always our #1 priority at Victoria Eye Center We take pride in maintaining sterile environments at all of our locations. Since the development of coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the U.S., we have amplified our disinfectant protocols to provide an additional layer of protection for our patients and staff.
- Exam rooms continue to be thoroughly disinfected after every patient encounter. All surfaces are disinfected: exam chair, companion chair, work surfaces, door handles, surgical light handles, etc.
- Public areas continue to be disinfected multiple times each day: waiting area, counters, bathrooms and other high touch surfaces.
Even with these safety measures in place, it is important for our patients and staff members to make responsible decisions about keeping appointments or coming into work. Please call us to reschedule your appointment or surgery if you, someone you live with or the person driving you to your appointment:
- Is currently feeling sick or has any early flu-like symptoms or a respiratory illness
- Has been exposed to a COVID-19 patient
- Has traveled outside the country or had a layover at a busy transportation hub
We are also asking our staff and patients to follow these safety measures:
- Refrain from handshaking.
- Wash your hands or use our hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Avoid touching your face (nose, mouth, eyes).
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a clean tissue, dispose of it and immediately wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before inserting or removing contact lenses.
Please reference the following sites for the most accurate information regarding COVID-10:
Please call us at (361) 578-0234 if you have any questions. Thank you for trusting us to provide the safest eye care possible.
Victoria Eye Center