LASIK surgery is the most common laser vision correction procedure, and has helped millions of people around the world see better every day. The procedure can be broken down in just a few easy steps.
- Numbing Drops: In Victoria, Dr. Boozalis administers numbing drops that take effect in seconds and last throughout the procedure.
- Flap: Next Dr.Boozalis will create a thin, hinged flap in your cornea. When the flap is created and then lifted, it is normal for your vision to dim and blur.
- Laser Reshaping: While monitoring and tracking your eyes with a computer, Dr. Boozalis uses an excimer laser to precisely reshape the stroma layer of your cornea. The laser removes cells according to your unique prescription with incredible precision. If you’re getting custom LASIK eye surgery, Dr. Boozalis will correct for more nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism as needed.
- Flap Replacement: After the laser has completed its work, Dr. Boozalis replaces the flap on your cornea – without stitches – and you’ll begin to notice the difference almost immediately.
- Aftercare: After your procedure you will wear sunglasses and will need a ride home. Rest your eyes for about 24 hours. Dr. Boozalis will schedule some follow-up evaluations. While you’ll want to be careful with your eyes, avoiding strenuous activities for a few weeks, most people are able to go right back to work the following day.
In order to determine if you are a candidate for LASIK, we invite you to visit us for a free consultation. You will meet with Dr. Boozalis to discuss what procedure will best suit your needs. Contact Victoria Eye Center at 800-833-0234 or victoriaeyecenter.com for more information.