Is LASIK Safe?
You can increase your chances for an excellent visual outcome (20/20 vision or better) through LASIK by choosing your LASIK center and doctor carefully. Here are some tips to help you make the best decision:
- Demand a thorough preoperative exam to ensure your eye health, corneal thickness and medical condition meet the standards for the procedure.
- Make sure the board certified surgeon has specific LASIK training and experience performing successful LASIK procedures. Don’t be afraid to ask the doctors questions about their success rates.
- Fully understand what type of LASIK technology will be used during the procedure. Most reputable doctors today offer advanced, blade-free LASIK technology on-site in a controlled environment to ensure patient safety and the best possible vision outcomes.
- Don’t base your decision only on cost. If the cost of a certain doctor’s LASIK sounds too good to be true, it probably is. You don’t want to take risks with your vision just to save a buck.
- First impressions count. If you don’t feel comfortable with any aspect of the LASIK center you are researching, even if that center was recommended by a friend or family member, keep looking.
Dr. Boozalis at Victoria Eye Center performs advanced blade-free LASIK in Victoria. He offers a free LASIK Consultation to help potential patients learn about their unique eye characteristics and determine whether LASIK is a viable option for clear vision. Most importantly, he uses the Consultation to help patients learn everything about LASIK and encourages them to ask questions about the procedure, the potential risks and his experience.
No medical procedure can ever be called 100% safe. However, by doing your diligent research and choosing an experienced LASIK doctor in Beeville, you will increase your odds for a successful outcome.
Call 361-578-0234 or victoriaeyecenter.com today to schedule your free LASIK Consultation at Victoria Eye Center.