What’s Living in Your Contact Lens Solution?
This bacterium can cause a condition called microbial keratitis, which is an ulceration and inflammation of the cornea that can lead to vision loss. Even before this research, LASIK has been reported to be up to 5 times safer for your eye health than wearing contact lenses; this may be one more motivating factor for contact lens wearers to consider LASIK vision correction in Victoria.
If you are currently one of the 30 million Americans who wear contact lenses on a regular basis, you owe it to yourself to:
- Ensure you are using the very best contact lens disinfectant solution available
- Talk to your optometrist or ophthalmologist about contact lens safety
- Let your eyes take a break from contacts occasionally – wear your prescription eyeglasses instead
- Follow proper lens care practices for cleaning, disinfecting and storing your lenses (e.g., replacing your storage case every 3-6 months)
- Schedule regular eye exams to ensure you are being proactive with your eye health
- Schedule a LASIK Consultation in Location to learn about your vision correction options
Dr. Boozalis at Victoria Eye Center provides free LASIK Consultations to help people find out if this procedure might give them the lens-free life they desire. Imagine: no worrying about bacteria in contact lens solutions; no hassling with taking your contacts out at night and taking proper care of your contacts; no dry or irritated eyes from contact lenses.